Tuesday, July 12, 2011

"I Have To Live With a Boy!!!!"

Don't worry peeps. I'm just quoting Friends. Living with a boy is actually pretty fantasic, but the Friends line was simply fitting for this post. Before getting hitched, I shared a small room for nearly 2 years, in 2 different locations, with Dani. The corners of our beds were approximately 3 yards apart. We shared a closet. We shared clothes. We understood each other and read each other frighteningly well. We finished each other's sentences and many times did not even use coherent words in our communication. Somehow we always understood what the other person was trying to say.

It was easy knowing what Friday night would consist of when I lived with Dani. We knew we would be going out for Indian food, to half price books to look around, to Pet Smart to look at the puppies, to Meijer for bread, cheese, & wine, and then home to watch some sort of chick flick or international film.

I would come home many days to Dani singing with guitar in hand. I could seriously listen to that girl sing and play guitar for hours! No joke!! She knew that if I walked into the room while she was playing, that she was going to be stuck singing and playing for at least another half hour. ;)

Dani is one of my favorite people in the world. She is one of the most authentic people i've ever met, is extremely compassionate, and a wonderful friend.

The sad part of the story is that Dani up and moved to JAPAN. Yes, Japan. I was so sad to be so far away, especially after being used to seeing her everyday.

The GREAT part of the story is that Dani met a boy and is getting hitched in less than 2 months. And this boy is now stationed in Little Rock, Arkansas (which in case you're unfamiliar with maps, is MANY miles closer than Japan). So I headed to Little Rock for 4th of July weekend to see this long lost roommate of mine. :) Below are a few pictures from the trip.

Her apartment complex as seen from the walking bridge:

The happy couple <3

View of Little Rock:

Isn't she so pretty? The Saturday market:

Fletch and his bud decided to get henna tattoos. I'm pretty sure Fletch got the better end of this deal.

Fletch pulled out his A game and beat us both at Scrabble:


Don't worry. We got plenty of Friends episodes in and even went through all the bloopers, which I had never seen before.

And this is their adorable new puppy, Rocco. :)

It was a GREAT trip!!

No comments:

Post a Comment